6-8 blood oranges (or grapefruit)
Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon
8oz of syrup (made from 6floz water & 6oz sugar)
2 rounded teaspoons of gelatine (or 4 leaves of gelatine)
2 tablespoons of water
4floz of dry white or rose wine (optional)
1teaspoon of chopped mint
1. Grate the rind & squeeze of 2 oranges & segment all the oranges.
Keep all the juice & it should measure ½ pint
2. Make the syrup by gently heating up the sugar & water.
3. Sponge the gelatine in the 2 tablespoons of water. Put over simmering water till dissolved. Add to the syrup. Add the orange & lemon juice & let to cool.
4. Add the mint & oranges & wine.
5. Set in a individual ramekins ( or coffee cups) for 2 to 4 hours.
6. To serve heat outside of cups & ramekins & the jelly will pop out onto the plate. Serve with freshly whipped cream.
Note 4 leaves or 2 teaspoons of gelatine will set 1pt of liquid.